Welcome to Amy Grant's Official Message Boards Come in and share a cup of "virtual coffee". Spend some time getting acquainted with Amy and friends.

Amy Grant's Official Message Board > Amy Grant > All About Amy

Old 10-27-2010, 04:41 AM
I'm Here a Latte

Upcoming Cover of Tennessee Christmas

Some 'blog' discussion about Danny Gokey's plan to release his version of "Tennessee Christmas" to radio:

Jx223:
10/27/2010 at 12:36 am
Danny said on a podcast today that the Christmas song he’s doing will be a cover of Amy Grant’s song “Tennesee Christmas”. He said the song will be released to radio.

steph6449:
10/27/2010 at 12:41 am
Danny said on a podcast today that the Christmas song he’s doing will be a cover of Amy Grant’s song “Tennesee Christmas”. He said the song will be released to radio.

That’s cool. I wonder if that came up when Danny and Amy were both doing showcase performances at that recent International Entertainment Buyer’s Assn. conference in Nashville. There were also some nice pictures of Danny with Amy in one of his first outings last year before he did much press for his new music.

Indigobunting:
10/27/2010 at 12:49 am

That is a pretty song, nice lyrics. I think it could be a good one because it isn’t a really popular/widely heard song.

I wonder how much he will change it up? I can see him speeding it up, as well as shortening it for radio.

Jx223:
10/27/2010 at 12:49 am
That’s cool. I wonder if that came up when Danny and Amy were both doing showcase performances at that recent International Entertainment Buyer’s Assn. conference in Nashville. There were also some nice pictures of Danny with Amy in one of his first outings last year before he did much press for his new music.

I remember him meeting her at that one event last year. I wonder on what date this song will be released to radio. I am interested in hearing Danny’s version of this song. Also on the podcast he didn’t really say a lot about a third single. It seemed like he couldn’t really say anything about it yet. Just that they are working some things out. I am interested in hearing about whether he will get a third single/new music.

Jx223:
10/27/2010 at 12:51 am
I wonder how much he will change it up? I can see him speeding it up, as well as shortening it for radio.

I could see Danny doing a slow version of this song, but hopefully his version will have some “kick” and power to it. Maybe he will change it up some (and it might be at least a little faster than Amy’s version), I think he might sound better singing it if he changes it up some.

certain1:
10/27/2010 at 6:20 am
I listened to the Amy Grant version of Tennessee Christmas and I think it is a good choice for Danny. It is not religious nor is it one of those boppy christmas in the trailer park type of songs. Can’t wait to see what he does with it.

Follow mjsbigblog on Twitter

MetaRegister
Entries RSS
Comments RSS
WordPress.org