A friend of Amy’s recently had a school project where they needed to interview a friend. Simple enough right? Well, after reading these questions and Amy’s answers we really thought this could be a great piece for the website. So here are the questions and Amy’s answers.
If you could ask Amy any 8 questions what would they be?
Question #1: What is your favorite book?
- Amy’s Answer: My favorite book? in the second grade…CHARLOTTE”S WEB. In High School: THE THORNBIRDS.
Usually whatever book I am currently reading is my favorite book. Have any of the 100’s of books I’ve read been life changing? Maybe for a minute. The book I have read and reread, memorized parts of, and been changed by is the Bible. For a life journey companion, nothing else really compares.
Question #2: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Amy’s Answer: As a child I wanted to be an adventurer…always discovering something.
Question #3: Who is your inspiration / role model?
- Amy’s Answer: Inspiration and role models come in and out of our lives, season by season. My mother, my sisters Kathy, Mimi and Caril, my great grandmother and father, my father’s full time caregiver, my cousin Glenda, Carole King, Sarah Cannon (Minnie Pearl), Maya Angelou….the list would be endless!! Because at every stage of life, we encounter people who fan the flame of our curiosity, of our unique passions and giftings, and inspire our better nature to serve others rather than be served ourselves.
Question #4: How do you manage to stay close to God while being in the spotlight?
- Amy’s Answer: Maybe the question I would ask first is How do you get close to anybody? You spend time together. So, if you’re trying to get close to a person, you call them, or go somewhere together. you do things that you enjoy together. Slowly you let your guard down and try saying something that matters to you that’s not easy to say. Being close is another way of saying Being Known.
- The crazy thing is, God knows us already. He’s already close.
- Feeling close to God, on stage or in traffic, is not about trying harder. It’s realizing what is already true: God is with me. Why run from Love?
Question #5: How has music influenced your relationship with God?
- Amy’s Answer: From my earliest memory, my family sang hymns. Through the lyrics of those songs, I absorbed an understanding of God’s relationship with us… His creation… with me.
Question #6: How do you jubble family, work, and God?
- Amy’s Answer: The word “Juggling” paints a picture of never resting. Sounds Awful!! I do work hard, but life is a constantly changing pattern with work and family. I try and focus on what needs to be done as it is needed. Prioritizing helps. Thinking and dreaming matters. Having a plan is good. Having said all of that, I don’t have time to NOT pray, I absolutely believe that the Holy Spirit, the one the Bible calls “our Helper”, is constantly directing and redirecting my attention to what matters at the moment. It sounds simple, but everyday I pray, Lord lead me to those I need and to those who need me, and let something I do have eternal significance. How that prayer plays out compels me to whisper “thank you” many times in the course of a day.
Question #7: What’s the best advice you have ever been given?
- Amy’s Answer: Respect yourself and others.
Question #8: What is your favorite Bible verse?
- Amy’s Answer: “For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son; that whosoever believed in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16.
Here’s our question for you: If you could ask Amy any 3 Questions what would they be? Leave your comments below and maybe we’ll pick your questions to be featured next.